CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTINS..A LOVE STORY...

As a child, Louboutin would regularly sneak out of school, from the age of 12, to watch the showgirls at Paris nightclubs, because he was fascinated by their costumes. He cites this as his main inspiration for becoming a shoe designer: "[The showgirls] influenced me a lot. If you like high heels, it's really the ultimate high heel - it's all about the legs, how they carry themselves, the embellishment of the body. They are the ultimate icons." Although Louboutin faced much opposition following his decision to leave school so early, he claims that his resolve was strengthened after watching an interview on TV with Sophia Loren in which she introduced her sister, saying she had to leave school when she was only 12 but when she turned 50 she got her degree. "Everybody applauded! And I thought, 'Well, at least if I regret it I'm going to be like the sister of Sophia Loren!" Louboutin helped bring stilettos back into fashion in the 1990s and 2000s, designing dozens of styles with heel heights of 120mm (4.72 inches) and higher.
The designer's professed goal is to “make a woman look sexy, beautiful, to make her legs look as long as [he] can.” While he does offer some lower-heeled styles, Louboutin is generally associated with his dressier eveningwear designs incorporating bejeweled straps, bows, feathers, patent leather and other, similar decorative touches.In his U.S. trademark application, Louboutin explains the inception of the signature red soles: "In 1992 I incorporated the red sole into the design of my shoes. This happened by accident as I felt that the shoes lacked energy so I applied red nail polish to the sole of a shoe. This was such a success that it became a permanent fixture." Louboutin received inspiration for his lethal-looking stilettos from an incident that occurred in his early 20s. He had visited a museum and noticed that there was a sign forbidding women wearing sharp stilettos from entering for fear of damage to the extensive wood flooring. This image stayed in his mind, and he later used this idea in his designs. "I wanted to defy that," Louboutin has said. "I wanted to create something that broke rules and made women feel confident and empowered." .. 
Louboutin has topped The Luxury Institute's annual Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI) for three years; the brand's offerings were declared the Most Prestigious Women's Shoes in 2007, 2008, and 2009.

21 σχόλια:

  1. Ahhhh, who doesn't love Louboutin?! Great post sweets.

    Have a brilliant Easter koukla. Wishing you good health, wealth and happiness.

    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful story!!!:') krima omws pou tous trexei olous twra sta dikasthria k zhta apozhmiwseis ypsous tou enos ekatommyriou gia to trademark ths kokkinhs solas...dld tha katsei n psaxei oooola ta papouytsia p xoun kokkinh sola k n ta rixei sta tartara?:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Louboutin! I just cannot afford any of the shoes. Hopefully one day though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the first pair. did u read they have thing called "shoe condoms" or "heel condoms" that you can change the look of the backs of ur shoes? I just heard about these. great blog!
    xo
    MosaMuse

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg with I could afford louboutins!!!

    xx kelli

    http://dirtndiamonds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so great because i actually didn't know much about CL. thanks for sharing dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope and I dream that one day, my feet will cry of happyness because I'll be wearing a perfect pair of Louboutin's.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @A Brit Greek thanks so much :DD
    the truth is we all love CL shoes <3
    happy easter to you too :DDD
    best wishes :DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. @pink pleasure ti na peis?etsi einai oi firmes..ekane mia patenta k prospa8ei -me nuxia k me dontia xixi- na thn katoxurwsei k na mhn afhsei kanenan na thn ekmetalleutei.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Meanz so do I!!i would love to get the classic black ones and a pair o nude-beige heels <3 <3
    thank you for the comment Happy Easter :DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Virginia thank you for your support :DD
    I <3 CL too :DDD
    Love caramellitsa

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Mosa Muse really??I havent heard of that,wow!!sounds very interesting!!!i'll check it on the web :) thank you for your nice words :DDD
    kisses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Kelli i know...they are ''dream'' shoes...i can only have them in my dreams,haha!
    but you never know... someday we may be that lucky and get a pair of these cuties :DD

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Oh to Be a Muse thank you so much for your sweet words :DD
    i am very glad you liked the post and found it interesting ;DD
    happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Tereza hihihi cry out of happiness!!!loved this comment!!!
    i wish you get a gorgeous pair then and when you do just take lots lots of photos and post them for all of us to see :DD

    Happy Easter sweety :DD

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like shoes Louboutin, I go to the shop to see collections but I have to admit that I not still have no it. I hope one day. A very beautiful comment to have beautiful photos. Bravo. Kisses
    http://dameskarlette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Yumi :DDD thank you for your comment ..
    they are the best shoes ever i believe :DD kisses

    ReplyDelete
  18. @DameSkarlette thank you soo much for your comments &support ..you are so kind!
    i wish you get a pair of these divine shoes one day :DDD
    we dont have an exclusive Louboutin shoe store in Greece but there are some that bring a couple pairs...i check them on the internet at most.. :) kisses :DD

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment
I really appreciate it!

 
style caramel © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects